Thursday, February 4, 2010

KSS Crew Challenge # 22 - Designer Paper

Well, my love for Kitchen Sink Stamps and for Technique Junkies was definitely behind this latest creation. This month's crew challenge at KSS is to creat designer paper using KS stamps. I thought that the Butterflies set was perfect for my designer paper. Then I combined two techniques fromTechnique Junkies to create the total paper. I used the Faux Designer Paper (Dec08/Jan09) and Chalk Lines (Apr-May/09). the sentiment is a Northwoods stamp.
Each style of butterfly had its own palette. All inks used were Adirondack except for Versafine onyx black. All of the butterflies were 3-step and I stamped the steps in a 2,1,3 order. For the large butterfly I used sunset orange, salmon, and onyx black. For the medium-sized yellow/brown butterfly I used sunshine yellow, lemonade, and raisin. The medium purple butterfly was stamped with purple twilight, cool peri, and eggplant. And the small butterfly was stamped with hazelnut, sandal, and rust. After stamping all of the butterflies, I used the step one stamp for each and stamped over them with Versamark. I then used clear embossing powder to emboss them. The blue background was created by covering the paper with pan pastels and then the lines were erased using an eraser and a ruler. Using a craft iron and newsprint paper, I ironed off the embossing powder. As a final step I sprayed the paper with workable fixative to keep the pastels from rubbing off.
After I made the paper, I hated to cover the butterfly images so I just added a thin sentiment.

5 comments:

Lynn said...

Your beautiful windowpane design looks fabulous behind your gorgeous butterflies!! Awesome work, Barbara!!

Thanks for sharing your sensational faux designer paper in the Kitchen Crew Challenge!!

Lisa Somerville said...

Oh my word! The butterflies look just wonderful, like they are fluttering outside my window! Thanks for playing along with the Kitchen Sink Stamps monthly challenge.

Angela Knopf said...

Such a great way to use the butterflies! How adorable is that homemade DP? Great take on the challenge. Thanks for playing along with us.

Makiko Jones said...

Oh my goodness, Barbara!! Your custom dp is absolutely stunning!! I love the colorful butterflies! Thank you for playing along with us.

Connie said...

Oh my Barbara! Your butterflies are all sooo amazing! LOVE this! thanks so much for playing with KSS!!