Friday, May 28, 2010

Bloggers Challenge 153

This week's Bloggers Challenge is a color challenge. We are using the colors red/white/blue. This card represents several firsts for me. I used two techniques from the April-May 2010 Technique Junkies Newsletter that were new to me and I used a new stamp from Stamp Zia. The background is the Scored Diamonds technique which was the online bonus technique. Each of the tiles is scored around the edge and across the centers; then the boxes are cut out and laid on the background panel. It's not a difficult technique, but it does require a lot of scoring, cutting, and careful placement. The bird is a cool stamp to work with. It is mostly solid. I used the Kissed With a Twist technique where you ink the stamp and then ink a patterned stamp and stamp directly on the first stamp. The first stamp is then huffed on and stamped onto cardstock. For this card I cut out the bird and attached it directly to the background. His feet are attached to a piece of bamboo I had in my embellishment stash. The letters were die cut using Quikkutz.

16 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Pretty! Great way to add some detail to the silhouette image!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Two great techniques I have not tried yet- great card- love the bird image!

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh Beautiful. Great take on the technique and the color challenge! TFS!! Happy Memorial Day!

GCgirl said...

Great card...I am loving the "kissed" bird ;-)!

Ida P. Krause said...

Very nice. Love the bird image and how you use the "kissing" technique to add detail to the image. Wonderful background too. Great that you tried new techniques.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Great card and tech's Barb, don't ya' just luv Zia's style, wish I could take a class with her sometime!

Tami Black said...

Awesome techniques and an awesome card! All that work paid off as this looks like it took some time!

Basement Stamper said...

Great card, love that scored tile technique!

MJ said...

Love the kiss and twist. Beautiful. The scoring looks fun too, great card.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Very pretty Barbara! That bird is just beautiful! Happy Memorial Day! :D

Lisa Bohler said...

Lovely usage of both techs! I especially like the grid on the background! Happy Memorial Day!

Lori said...

Very cool! Love your use of techniques to add interest to your card.

njburk said...

Very pretty--look like he's ready to fly off & eat some BFeed from my feeder!

Connie Babbert said...

Both are fun techniques! Great job.

Heidi Hihn said...

Great card! I love the kissed technique! You did a wonderful job!

tonistamps said...

Great bird! What a different take on this challenge - it's awesome!