Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Created By Hand Challenge 05-25


This week's Created by Hand challenge was to create art using the theme of “Victoria Day” or the colors “Red, White & Blue”” in some way, shape, or fashion. Well, today I received my order of stamps from Quietfire Designs  so I wanted to use one in my art piece. I chose to do a 4x4 and to use the crow. He just called out for the bandanna technique from Technique Junkies. The colors of the challenge were perfect for this technique also. For the read and blue background I used Pan Pastels. The white dots and lines were made with the Ranger Essentials white gel pen. The flourishes are from Tim Holtz's stamp line. The crown, following the theme of "Victoria Day" is from Kitchen Sink Stamps (a thank you gift). I used a few crystals as bling (although on the scan they look somewhat flat).

3 comments:

Quietfire said...

This is wonderful! It reminds me of a bandana I had as a kid - and the crow blends in perfectly! Thanks for playing.

Yogi said...

wonderful and I agree with Suzanne, really looks like a bandanna. I have to eventually do one.

Rein said...

Wonderful 4x4!