Tuesday, August 28, 2012
It's been a while since I worked with dominoes, so when Third Coast challenged us with altered dominoes, I knew I had to enter. With the popularity of Dylusions sprays, I wanted to try to use them on the backgrounds. As you see, I did get a pretty color. The color isn't as intense as it is on paper, but it made a pretty background. I then stamped the images on the dominoes with Stazon. I used my Tombow markers to add color to the images. Both the wizard and Cleopatra are Third Coast stamps. I adhered lace around the Cleopatra domino and added some red rhinestones in the corner. Around the wizard domino I adhered a metallic sticker border and added some of the sticker to the wizard's belt. Now all I have to do is decide whether to add a bale or a pinback to these pieces.