Sunday, June 30, 2013

Altered Art Journal

What a fun afternoon I have had. Since today is the last day of June, I had a few monthly challenges to complete. At Stampsmith the challenge is altered boxes, bags, and books. I have had this Strathmore Visual Journal sitting around waiting for some love. This was the perfect opportunity to work on it. I challenged myself today to use things in my art collection that I hadn't used for a long time if ever. I started with my Claudine Hellmuth sticky back canvas for the front cover and  used my distress paints for the color. The Stampsmith stamp I used comes from the Wild by Nature stamp set. I really love the images, but they have never seen ink. I stamped the birds on a piece of watercolor paper and used my distress markers to watercolor. The die is from Spellbinders. The letters are Thickers which I have had forever. Since I don't scrapbook, they were always too large for a card, but worked perfectly on my journal. Now I've got to fill the inside pages...sounds like fun!!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Your art journal cover is beautiful, Barb!