Sunday, March 9, 2014

Silence of the Heart

One doesn't have to be totally shabby to be vintage Tim Holtz chic. Tim's techniques are universal. Today, I chose to make a tag. My background is done using distress paint marbling. One thing that always amazes me about Tim's techniques is that you really can't make bad color choices. I literally reached into my box of distress paints and pulled out several different, unrelated colors. I love the results. It reminds me of pictures I've seen of the Northern Lights. The challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs is  metal or sweets. (Happy Anniversary ODBD!) I chose to use metal. The die cut rose (Sizzix) and the sentiment frame (Spellbinders) are both cut from a sheet of copper. The rose is colored using distress glitter.
I am entering my tag into these other challenges: Simon Says Wednesday challenge -- tag it; Stampin' for the Weekend -- sparkle and shine (metal and glitter and bling); and A Vintage Journey Challenge -- anything Tim Holtz.

5 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Like you Barbara I love the distress paints to create gorgeous marbling effects which is perfect for your background. The tag looks fabulous with that beautiful rose over the top and with such a lovely quote. Thanks for travelling on a Vintage Journey with us.
hugs {brenda} x0x

cheiron said...

This background is amazing! I love the colors and the rose you've created is gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with the Tag It! Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week!

Linda Carson said...

Stunning tag Barbara! Absolutely love the background and the rose in copper looks amazing! Thanks for joining us this week at ODBD!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Barbara, what a beautiful tag! I agree...it doesn't have to be totally shabby to be chic, and this is chic with the beautiful copper rose is beautiful against your wonderful background. And I love the quote from Mother Teresa...a good one! So glad you've joined us this week for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge! Warm hugs!

Terry said...

Love the effect of your mixing of colors to achieve such gorgeous marbling, Barbara! Love the rose taking center stage! Thank you for riding along with us at A Vintage Journey!