Monday, June 9, 2014

Bon Voyage

Another fun afternoon playing in my art journal! My background started with two shades of blue distress paints. Next came stencils of clouds and distressed stripes. These were added using Dylusions sprays for the clouds and Glimmer mist for the stripes. I then stamped the ship and the sentiment. Once I finished stamping I added more bits and pieces of stenciling. The clocks were done using reverse stenciling and paints. The rest of the stencils were added with distress markers and distress ink.
I am entering my page in these challenges: Fashionable Stamping -- clockwork; Tuesday Throwdown -- paint or mist; City Crafter -- Nautical; Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge -- paint.

5 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

This is fabulous!! Beautifully done ... Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Unknown said...

So beautiful!!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

Rosie said...

A really wonderful page, Barbara.

Anonymous said...

so lovely! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

Wow, Barbara! This is an amazing art journal creation! I love how you mixed different shades of blue so effectively. You also chose some fantastic stencil images to combine and I really liked how you did the reverse stenciling with the clocks. Genius! This page made me want to go dig some more into my own paints...and take a cruise on the beautiful ocean! Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing your talents with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog. It is always a joy to see what you've created!