Sunday, July 13, 2014

By the Sea


It's a beautiful summer day in Chicago -- a perfect day to think about enjoying a day at the beach. My card uses the sketch from the Mojo Monday challenge, although I did turn it on its side. I started with a gelli print that I had made a few days ago. I went over the paint with salty ocean distress stain. Then I stamped several versions of Fred Mullett fish. The image of the bathing beauty is from Gecko Galz. I colored it with colored pencils The waves are Cheery Lynn die cuts. The shell and sentiment are from Artistic Outpost. I'm ready for an enjoyable summer day by the sea.
 I am also entering my card into these challenges: Kraft Journal -- sea and sand; Fashionable Stamping -- dreaming of summer; Artistic Stamper -- by the seaside; Inspiration Emporium -- summer fun; Gecko Galz -- beachy keen.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

great summer feeling!!!! like you colored the photo!!!
Thanks for sharing at FSC!!

Wendy said...

What a beautiful card. Thank you for using a Gecko Galz image and joining the "Beachy Keen" challenge this month. I love the background you created for your bathing beauty! Wendy, DT

Terry said...

Lovely beach scene and the waves with that background are fabulous! I sure wish I was at the beach instead of the desert!

Shirley said...

Gorgeous Barbara love your image. Wow what wouldn't we give for a figure like that./

Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x

Michele said...

this is gorgeous and I love the background. thanks for playing with us at gecko galz! xo