Saturday, January 22, 2011

Compendium of Curiosities Challenge 28

This week the Compendium of Curiosities Challenge was Colorful Layered Fragments from p.57 of Tim's book. I decided to go with a French post card theme this week. Ok, I wanted to use my Moulin Rouge stamp from the set of Tim's stamps that are autographed. I've been wanting to use this stamp for quite a while and it seemed the perfect one for this week. I used the very large oval fragment and stamped the Eiffel Tower. I used copper, pearl, stonewashed, and latte alcohol inks on my fragment. The background was done with denim and fired brick distress ink. I love the way everything came together.

6 comments:

Shelly Hickox said...

I love anything French, and your card is no exception! Perfect combination of colors and stamps.

Kathy Eddy said...

Barbara, this is fantastic! Love your fragment.

Judy Wood said...

very nice! i also had a paris theme this week! i guess great minds DO think alike : )

Barbara Mason said...

This is a lovely piece -tres chic!

minnie_mac said...

Lovely fragment. And love that Moulin Rouge stamp.

Marilyn

Linda Ledbetter said...

SO beautiful, Barbara! This lovely card makes me long for international travel! I love the sweet Fragment, with its pretty colors and perfect stamping, and the background is just as wonderful! Great use of the Moulin Rouge image, too!