Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sewing is a Challenge

This week Simon Says Stamp and Show some Stitching. I think I took the challenge as a dare. Usually I would have added faux stitching and that would have fulfilled the challenge. But this time I cut some patches from some old jeans and pulled out my sewing machine.  I truly can't remember the last time I used my machine. I actually had to remember how to thread it and put in the bobbin. I used an image and words from the Artistic Outpost stamp sheet Huck Finn. He's colored with Copics, cut out and adhered to a small tag which was colored using the bingo blast technique from Technique Junkies (Apr-May 2009) except I used Distress Stains. The sewn card was completed with three buttons and a piece of raffia through the tag.

4 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Huck Finn looks fab here!

Dan said...

Great card - I love those splodges of distress stain! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Wow GF, I'm impressed that you sewed! lol Luv this card, it's perfecto!

Terry said...

Huck is sew awesome! Love the colors and recycled jeans!