Sunday, August 3, 2014

Grandmothers

What do jam, jelly, jars and junk mail have in common? ... the letter J, of course. this card is my answer to the challenge theme at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge -- J is for... At first I thought that the challenge would be a little difficult. Then I couldn't stop thinking of J words. My background is made from die cut junk mail envelopes which I colored using pan pastels. The jars were die cut from  a piece of plastic packaging. The jars, labels and contents are stamps from Our Daily Bread Designs. The sentiment is from Club Scrap.
Hels at Ink on my Fingers challenged us with the theme bits and pieces. Once I started working on this card, I understood the challenge. All of the contents of the card were cut from bit and pieces of paper in my scrap box. I am also entering my card in the Marks Finest Papers Colors challenge -- blue, lime, red.

6 comments:

Anna-Karin said...

Such a great take on the challenge! Love the background, jars, and sentiment. Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

Stampsnob. said...

Love it .Love the quilt look and the sentiment . Thanks for sharing at MFP Color Challenge............Lis

kReN said...

Hi, Barbara. I love how you used the quilt approach for your card to integrate the colors. Wonderful!

kReN@afourthlife.blogspot.com
MFP/CC DT

Karenladd said...

Wow, what a fabulous card design! Love all the junk mail scraps that you've turned into art!

Janis said...

Such a creative and sweet card!!! Very clever how you used the junk mail. Beautiful result!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Hels Sheridan said...

Aha! Bits and pieces indeedily, and they all look great on your card... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x