Monday, August 25, 2014

Never Too Old

Today was my grandson's first day back at school. He's now a third grader. How time flies! My card today  is for all those students going back to school, no matter how young or old.
I started my card with a panel cut from Graphic 45 paper. The print is tone on tone and light, but it is there representing schoolwork. I then embossed the school paper over the print using distress stains and a Sizzix embossing folder. The children eagerly heading to school (my words) is a stamp from SweetStamps. the sentiment is a Quietfire stamp.
My card is being entered into these challenges: Bloggers Challenge -- back to school; Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge -- back to school; Marks Finest Papers Tutorial Time on Speedy Challenge -- distressed stains pattern background; ePlay Blog Challenge -- embossing

7 comments:

Quietfire said...

Wonderful card Barbara! Thanks for using the stamp! <3

Stampsnob. said...

Oh Barbara this card is love so vintage Thanks for sharing ....Lis MFP

Barb’s Kreations said...

Love your card and the way your background turned out.
Barb MFP

Pat said...

Great card. Love the background. Thanks for joining TTSTV

Unknown said...

Really nice card! Love the use of the calligraphy nib! Clever :)

Micki said...

Adorable card and I absolutely love that sentiment!!!! The embossed background panel is perfect and adds such a nice texture. Thanks so much for playing along with us in our ePlay August Challenge.

Broni said...

I love how the embossed background looks! And that's such a great sentiment! Thanks for playing along in the eclectic Paperie ePlay embossing challenge!