Saturday, December 5, 2009

Twelve Tags of Christmas Tags #4


Tag #4 is now complete. It needed a little dry time before assembly. I was really excited to do this tag. Tim shared the house ornament assembly. I had seen images of this technique from participants in some of his classes, but he didn't share the technique until his tags. How cool! The house ornament can also be used as a pin. Tim used the one inch frame for his pin, but I only had the 1 inch by 3" alternative to work with. When I get other supplies, I may use the smaller size and wear the larger as a pin.

The other technique I loved was using the cut 'n dry felt pad to make an ink pad. This is especially great for intricate collage stamps. I stamped the image on the pad and then I colored each part of the stamped image with the reinkers. Then when I stamped with the collage stamp, I used the felt pad as my ink pad and voila, the collage is in color. This is another technique that I had seen demonstrated, but never tried. Wow, it works like a charm.

1 comment:

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Wasn't this such fun to make? Great tag!