Saturday, April 24, 2010

Color Throwdown Challenge 89


This weeks Color Throwdown challenge was to use the colors almost amethyst, sage shadow, and bordering blue. As I was contemplating what I would do, I had visions of Darlene Domel from Stampland making beautiful art with her color dusters and Marvy inks. Her techniques seemed to go hand-in-hand with the challenge colors. (That's my story and I'm sticking with it.) So I pulled out her DVD and refreshed myself with some of her techniques, and basically CASEd one of her cards. Of course, the colors are different, and she does a much better job! I also used my Adirondack inks. They were closer to the challenge colors. All the stamps except the sentiment stamp (Club Scrap) are from Stampland.

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

Very cool card....what an awesome image! Thanks for playing with us this week!