Thursday, April 15, 2010

Kitchen Sink Stamps Crew Challenge 24-2

This card was so much fun to make. Things fell together even better than I pictured. The Kitchen Sink Stamps Crew Challenge is It's Hip to be Square and the card is to have as many squares on it as possible.

I started with a 3 inch white square. I wanted to use the large rose from the KSS Hearts and Roses set and I wanted it to be a red rose. Happy Birthday is a stamp from the Aloha set. Next I cut a 4 inch red square. I wanted to use the Fiskars border punch with the rose design (first time). I had no idea that the 3 inch square would slip so nicely into the border; what a happy surprise. I layered everything on to the 4.5 inch green square and then finished the card which was a 5 inch square. As a finishing touch I put a thin layer of Rock Candy Distress Stickles over the rose. This gives a beautiful sparkle to the rose.
Color recipes: All inks are Adirondack unless otherwise noted.
Leaves -- 1 willow, 2 citrus, 3 meadow
Rose -- 1 watermelon, 2 lady bug (Memento), 3 ruby (Club Scrap), 4 cranberry

5 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

My, oh my, Barbara!! This is a breath-taking beauty!! I love the stunning punched rose border for your gorgeous red rose!!

Keep 'em coming!!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful! Love your punched border to match the beautful Rose - it looks wonderful with the Stickles. Thanks for playing at Kitchen Sink Stamps.

Kitchen Sink Stamps said...

Breathtaking is right!!!! WOW! Love that boarder punch ... it goes so well!!! Beautiful color combo Barbara.... and the Rock Candy stickles adds the perfect amount of bling! :) .... what was your secret for preventing it from smearing???? :) Another beauty!

Angela Knopf said...

How gorgeous! What a fun punch border too. And you can never go wrong with sparkly stickles either. Thanks for playing along again!

Connie M. said...

Oh my, Barbara! How I love the sparkly rose!! That border punch is just sooo perfect too!!