Monday, November 22, 2010

Girly girl with Butterflies


The latest Stampotique Designers Challenge is Girly Girl. I thought that this theme went so well with the Ink on my Fingers Sunday Challenge theme which was butterflies. Although we didn't have to use Stampotique stamps in our artwork this challenge, I wanted to use this image from them. I thought she fit the theme well. To emphasize the girly theme I used lots of pinks, some lace and scallops, and flowers and butterflies.The large butterfly is die cut from very sparkly paper. Of course, the scan doesn't show the sparkle. The little butterflies are on ribbon and have been colored to match the card with Creative Inspirations paints. The ribbon was attached to a strip of paper lace. The image was painted with CI paints and the scallop was edged with the paints. I'm actually more of a butterfly person than a girly girl, but I think the card represents well.

3 comments:

AngelaC said...

This is sooo pretty, I love it! I almost used Jasmin too.

Hels Sheridan said...

Fab card hun, loving the colours :O) THanks for joinin in with the Sunday STamper x

Basement Stamper said...

Perfect girly girl card, love the pinks on it and the butterfly. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge!