Thursday, November 18, 2010

Time for Tea

Can you guess what the theme at Oh Alice is. Well, it's "Nothin' but Tea and Time on our Hands." I decided to make a clock in the shape of a teapot using Alice characters for the 12, 3, 6, and 9 spots. Yes, it is a working clock. The teapot is made of grungepaper colored with distress ink. To make it more sturdy for holding the clockworks, I attached an old CD to the back for support. The letters are grungeboard painted white and highlighted with a Diva Pearl Pen. The other numbers are represented by gold crystals. The characters are stamped on white cardstock, colored with COPICS, and covered with glossy accents. I guess I should go and check what time it is.

1 comment:

Lynne Phelps said...

Barbara, what a FANTASTIC clock!!!! Is it hard to get the moving parts to work? I may have to try my hand at a clock, as yours is seriously inspirational! I also love how Alice is "falling" into it, just wonderful.