Friday, December 31, 2010

Bloggers Challenge 184

I almost missed Bloggers Challenge this week. I completely lost track of time. This weeks challenge is reuse/recycle.  Since I didn't realize that it was already Thursday, I had given no thought to what I was going to do. In fact, I was sitting at my table replacing calendar pages in my yearly wall calendar. I almost threw away the old pages (shame on me) when it hit me (twice) that it was challenge time and that I needed to recycle something. That's how the background of this card came about. I adhered the old pages collage style to a piece of cardstock and sprayed with glimmer mists.  I then distressed the edges and put Vintage Photo distress ink on the rough edges. I die cut the label from grungepaper using my Vagabond (tsk tsk, showing off) and painted with antique linen crackle paint. I highlighted the cracks with walnut stain. The numbers came from a grungeboard pack. I painted them with liquid pearls. The sentiment was printed on my label maker. I love it when everything comes together.

Finally...don't forget to mark your calendars and plan to join members of the Kitchen Sink Crew as they welcome you to the Grand Opening of the KSS Forum/Gallery this Friday, New Year’s Eve. The KSS Crew will be in the forums from Noon to Midnight EST, there will be plenty of fun Challenges, Games, Prizes, and Giveaways - Hope to see you there!!! Check HERE for location information. I'm very excited about this event. I've been asked to be a Guest Designer at Kitchen Sink Stamps for the month of January. Check back on my blog on Monday for my first posting.




 

11 comments:

Jan Hennings said...

A great way to reuse and recycle your calendar!

Lisa Martz said...

Great way to use that old calendar.

Clara said...

What a clever way to recycle your calendar! I really like what you did to make this really neat 2011 card!

Lisa Somerville said...

FAB way to recycle those calendar pages - great card! I'm a bit jealous about the Vagabond, I'm gonna have to come play! Congrats on your Guest spot with Kitchen Sink Stamps - looking foward to having you join us! Happy 2011!

Lisa Bohler said...

That is a terrific use for an old calendar!!! Super job on your card and Happy New Year!!!

Basement Stamper said...

How cool is that background, what a great idea!!! Happy New Year!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Great idea Barb. Congrats on the new gig, can't wait to see your cre8tivity! HNY GF, hugz

Ida said...

Always fun to see what people recycle and this one was quite clever. Great use of the calendar pages.

Lori said...

What a creative idea for reusing your old calendar! Very cool!

Marsha Fisher said...

Clever...love the sentiment that ties it all together!

JP Card Crazy said...

How clever!! Love the way you used last years calendar pages!