Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Kitchen Sink Stamps Crew Challenge 30


Artwork by Lisa Somerville
This month's Crew Challenge at Kitchen Sink Stamps is to CASE a card done by one of the KSS Crew members. I chose to CASE a card by Lisa Somerville. I remember when Lisa first posted this card. I thought it was really cute and thought about casing the idea back then. The main images are from Build a Garland and the sentiment is from Christmas Lights. I learned something very important today about doing a CASE. It's not as easy as you would think, especially when you choose a card done by one of the best.
My Color recipes: (All inks used are Adirondack)
Pine branch -- 1 Willow, 2 lettuce, 3 meadow 4 bottle
Gingerbread Man -- 1 hazelnut, 2 ginger, 3 espresso
Cranberries -- 1 watermelon, 2 cranberry, 3 raisin
Popcorn -- 1 sandal, 2 lemonade, 3 sunshine yellow, 4 caramel

4 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

What a beautiful job you have done casing Lisa's Christmas card, Barbara! That little gingerbread man strung with the cranberries and popcorn is delightful!

Thank you so much for playing along in the Kitchen Sink Crew Challenge!! We love seeing your beautiful KSS creations!!

Lisa Somerville said...

Thanks so much for your kind words my friend - you did a FAB job casing my card! Thanks for joining us at Kitchen Sink Stamps!

Jan Hoefler said...

Is that a gingerbread boy I see....
LOVELY WORK. YOU intrigue me with your use of these stamps. I don't have any but am very tempted.....

Angela Maez said...

Such a gorgeous card Barbara! SO excited you're joining us in January!