Sunday, March 13, 2011

Compendium Finale

I can't believe that we have completed all 35 of the technique challenges from Tim Holtz' Compendium of Curiosities Book and I actually kept up with all of the challenges. Do I hear shouting and clapping? This weeks's challenge is Design Details from p. 67.  I started with the cowboy image -- one of the new sets of stamps. I stamped it on tag stock and tore around the edges. I used walnut stain distress inks around the torn edges and colored the image with Copics. The letters were cut using my new (to me) Vintage alphabet die. The background paper is from last month's Club Scrap kit. The funny thing is that I thought I hated the paper when I first saw it. Now I love it. It makes such an interesting background and the colors are so vintage. I stamped over the paper with several of Tim's stamps for even more visual texture. Along the left edge I used Tim's brad detail idea. Hmmm, I may need to refill my stock of brads. I used the wire sewing idea on the letters. As I've stated many times before, sewing is not my cup of tea. Sewing with wire is even harder. Well, it's a good thing that the idea is distress. I'm so glad I participated in this series of challenges. I've stepped outside my box several times. Linda Ledbetter, our challenge mom, hints of new challenges to come. Bring them on...I can't wait.

5 comments:

donna said...

Congratulations on completing them all! Your design element piece is terrific. The images and elements work so well on your background. See you on the next journey..Donna

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Great piece. Your coloring is wonderful.

Linda Ledbetter said...

You probably hear me cheering and clapping for you, Barbara! You've done an absolutely magnificent job throughout this entire series, and it's been a joy to admire your art and get to know you!

I love, LOVE your cowboy-themed card! That's such a great image, and you colored it beautifully. The Design Details elements are perfect-- the stitching and "studs" couldn't be better, and the beautiful composition makes this a work of artistic genius!

I'm so happy to know you're excited about the next chapter... I would be so sad if you weren't there! All will be revealed in the morning!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Barb, this is fantastic, and I didn't think I needed that set, whaaaaa. I luv how you did the techs, and sewing with wire yet, yikes! Congrats on doing them all, we had such a great time, luv.....

Lisa Somerville said...

can you hear me cheering you on! I wish I could have kept up! Fab masculine card, love the coloring, I just got this set!