Sunday, March 13, 2011

Simon Says Stamp and Show Some Metal

This week Simon Says Stamp and Show some Metal. I decided to make a wall hanging for my studio door. I used a piece of metal sheet and embossed it using a Cuttlebug folder. I always thought that this folder would look great on metal. I did the background using the polished stone technique with alcohol inks.  The flowers and stems were painted with Creative Inspirations paints. The frame was die cut using a Bigz frame die. I used the Vagabond to emboss the metal, and the pressure did create pressure lines on the metal. However, in real life it isn't as obvious as in the scan and it seem to add more life to the background.

3 comments:

Nancy Wethington said...

This is very pretty! Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

Nancy said...

This is stunning!!!! Very art deco-ish - beautiful!!!

Candy C said...

This is a very pretty piece. Love the technique you used on it!!! Thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!