Friday, November 11, 2011

Veteran's Day Thanks

Since today is Veteran's Day and since our theme for Bloggers Challenge is Veteran's Day I thought that I would post a patriotic thank you card. I used my flag background stamp from Our Daily Bread Designs. I love this stamp because it makes a great background and it's such an artsy flag. For this card I tried something new. Instead of coloring the flag sections with markers and stamping, I used gelatos direct to stamp and stamped on watercolor paper.  The effect is different, but the jury is still out on this one. I'll have to try some more.
To everyone, Happy Veteran's Day. And to the Veterans, thank you for your service. You are heroes!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Great sentiment, and I like the more muted red - it goes well with the theme of the card.

Basement Stamper said...

That background definitely is very cool!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Wonderful image, beautifully created.

1CardCreator said...

Great card, love the bg!

Lisa Somerville said...

Lovely card, the gelatos give a nice watercolor effect!

Lori said...

Love the look you got with the gelatos--fabulous!