Friday, November 4, 2011

Autumn Colors

While I don't like the chill of autumn and the forecasting of winter, I do love the
colors of autumn. This week's Bloggers Challenge is a wonderful sketch provided by our challenge leader, Lisa. Although simple in layout, the design is very eye catching. My back panel is a piece of design paper from Club Scrap. The taller panel is stamped with a music background stamp from I Brake for Stamps. The floral panel is a scrap of  designer paper from my stash. The flower is made of layers of stamped flowers from Heartfelt Creations. The raffia ribbon is a piece I had in my stash.
This card is also being entered into the challenge at I Brake for Challenges which is whiteout (Use no white or cream cardstock in your art piece.)
Happy Friday everyone!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Barbara I love that flower. Lovely colours. Hugs Vee x

Ida said...

Lovely card. The colors are perfect for Autumn and I love the flower embellishment.

Stampin in the suburbs said...

Really elegant.

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty, fab use of the sketch! Love the blossom and papers you used!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Wonderful card Barbara! These colors are so pretty and rich! I really like the raffia...great touch! :D

Basement Stamper said...

Love the addition of the raffia on this card, it goes so well with the paper colors and the flower image you chose. Great job with the sketch.

Terry said...

Oh I love these colors! The raffia works so well with the fabby flower! Love this!

Chrissy D said...

Barbara, this is ABSOLUTELY LOVELY!!! What a great flower!

Chrissy D said...

Barbara, this is so pretty! Love the deep colors and your use of the raffia - cool flower too!

Lori said...

Very pretty! Love the rich colors and the texture from the raffia.