Thursday, July 5, 2012

Love is in the Air

Stampotique had a fabulous challenge this week, but it wasn't an easy one. The challenge theme was out-of-the-box. We were to create something outside our usual comfort zone. For the longest time, I have wanted to try and start an art journal. I guess Stampotique gave me the needed push. This is my first attempt ever at art journaling.  I really enjoyed the experience. I know I need a bit more practice, but at least I've taken the plunge. For the background I used Dylusions sprays (another first for me). All of the stamps are from Stampotique. I'd love to hear what you think. I'm also entering this into the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge: spritz, spray, or stencil. I did some of each on these pages.

12 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Fab altered journal Barb - love the background!

Marijke said...

great pages

Dan said...

You've made a great start to your art journal! I love your bold colour scheme too and how the colours are blended. Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

Basement Stamper said...

I think this turned out beautiful, love the colors you used on the background. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

Kaz said...

This is fab - I can't believe it's your first go!!!! Thanks for joining us again at Stampotique,

Candy C said...

Barb...LOVE your journal pages! The colors are awesome...very bold and vivid! I totally love the masked foliage on the right page. The honeycomb in black looks amazing and I love the bee coming off of it! I also love your addition of the opaque white. Your Stampotique characters are awesome, too! Thanks for sharing your art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Anonymous said...

Awesome pages! Love the colours and the whole idea. Thanks for joining the Stampotique DC

Sue said...

Wow Barbara this is fab, I love your colours and beautiful stamping x

Kristen said...

great colors and i love the hexagon print with the bee :)

xo, Kristina
Sharing bloggy love from SSS challenge
Come by and see me sometime!
www.pearlgateway.com

Anna-Karin said...

This is gorgeous! Love the textured background. Thank you for playing along at Simon Says Stamp & Show!

Michelle Webb said...

Brilliant first attempt at a journal page, you'd think you'd been doing it ages! Those inks are yummy too. Michelle x

Gez Butterworth said...

Beautiful pages. This can't be your 1st! Gorgeous background and great choice of images. Thank you for joining the Stampotique Designer's Challenge.