Sunday, July 22, 2012

More Christmas in July

I love the Try That Technique Challenge from Technique Junkies. Most often I am encouraged to try a technique that I haven't tried before. That was true this challenge as we were to try Bohemian Layers from the Feb-Mar/2011 newsletter. I decided to make a Christmas in July card since that was the challenge at both Creative Belli and Mark's Finest Papers Speedy Fox and Friends. The inks used on the background are Ranger cloudy blue, sailboat blue, and denim. The tree stamps are from Mark's Finest Papers a Heinrich Co. The background stamp is the music background stamp from I Brake for Stamps. The star and sentiment were die cut using Tim Holtz dies and grungepaper. I used my white paint dabber to color and some rock candy stickles to add a little sparkle. I am quite pleased with how the card turned out.

5 comments:

Shelly Hickox said...

Beautiful card! I love this technique.

Winnie and Patty said...

Barbara--this is a beautiful CAS Christmas card! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy Fox & Friends blog challenge.

joy said...

Great card! (love the sentiment) and the texture in the trees. Thank you for participating in the Creative Belli Challenge.

Michele said...

really beautiful! gorgeous texture, love the color scheme. xo

Pat said...

Very pretty. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.