Monday, July 2, 2012

StarsNstripes4evR

The 4th of July holiday (USA) is just around the corner, so I created this Independence Day card to share.
My card layout is based on the challenge sketch this week at Mojo Monday. The flag background panel is an Our Daily Bread Designs background stamp. In order to color it the way I wanted, I stamped it in Memento London Fog. Then I brought out my denim, garnet, and winter frost Creative Inspirations paints and painted the flag. I dry embossed the dark blue core'dinations panel with a Cuttlebug folder, sanded the stars, and then went over the stars with fairy dust paint. The center oval was a bit of an experiment. I spread gel medium on my nonstick mat and placed the stamp in the glue. Then I stamped the fireworks (Northwoods) on a piece of white cardstock. I quickly added Resplendence (CI glitter) emerald, regal red, and gold. This made some very sparkly fireworks. (It's important to wash the stamp off immediately before the gel dries.) The 4 is from Tim Holtz's Idea-ology line. I painted it with garnet paint and quickly sprinkled it with Resplendence regal red. The glitter stuck to the paint like it was glued. I think this card celebrates the 4th quite effectively with all of its sparkle and shimmer. I am also entering it in the Critter Sketch challenge which has the theme sparkle.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh I absolutely LOVE this card! Cool design and awesome techniques - thanks for sharing :)

Creations by Shirl said...

Wow lots of sparkles going on!
Thanks for joining in with CS challenge and good luck~

Pinkies Sparkly Creations said...

lovely card thanks for joining us at critter sketch and good luck emma xx