Thursday, September 26, 2013

Steampunk Maiden

SanDee & Amelie's Steampunk challenge this month is dolls 'n robots. To make it even more interesting, they have divided the challenge into 2D and 3D. I'm going with the 2D challenge, as you can see; although, there is some dimension on my tag. To create this tag, I started by covering a large tag with Graphic 45 paper. I used several stencils with distress paint, distress ink, and Dylusions spray. My Steampunk lady is part fussy cut from a Graphic 45 image (Steampunk Debutante) with a skirt made from a die cut bird cage (Tim Holtz Caged Bird) over another piece of Graphic 45 paper. The skirt is decorated with Tim Holtz washers and jump rings. I added a Tim Holtz light bulb and a die cut bird for added embellishment. I used a Tim Holtz word band (dream as if you'll live forever) as my sentiment.
I am also entering my tag into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge which is anything goes.

3 comments:

Claudia N. said...

LOVE her bird cage skirt, Barbara!

Such a lovely tag and you have combined the gorgeous papers, the stencilled texture and die cut parts so beautifully!

Thank you so much for sharing your awesome tag with us at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk challenges!

Hugs,

die amelie xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous tag Barbara ! the whole design is fabulous and I love how you made her skirt ! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Elly said...

Beautiful tag, Barbara. (:o)