Saturday, September 21, 2013

Yee Haw!

This week the challenge at SweetStamps is western. I had to give this challenge a little thought since I don't have any western SweetStamps stamps. So I went to a collection of stamps I haven't used in ages, my Kitchen Sink Stamps, for the cowboy hat and sentiment. Once I stamped the hat, I masked it and then stamped the beautiful SweetStamps flower bouquet. I think the flowers with the hat make a great Western card. The flowers were colored using my distress markers. To complete the card, I sponged butterscotch ink on the background. Yee Haw!

9 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love your fun Western Design! I always enjoy seeing your interpretation for the challenges! Thanks for sharing with us at SweetStamps.com

Roxie said...

Cute idea to bring in the western theme and use a SweetStamps image.

Roxie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa's Creative Niche said...

great card!!! LOVE the hat!

Denise said...

Well done! What a lovely take on our theme at SweetStamps.com! thak you so much for sharing this lovely creations of yours!
Sweet Hugs
Denise

Sandy Fredrick said...

Love your design, the flowers behind the hat really make it stand out, and the shading on the hat makes looks 3D. Wonderful choice of colors. Thank you for joining us in this weeks blog challenge at SweetStamps.com

simply monica said...

Great Western card. Love the flowers with the hat. Thanks for joining us at Sweetstamps as always!

rudlis said...

Fabulous project! Unusual colors! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stamps.

Vicki said...

Love this fun card, Barbara!!