Friday, September 19, 2014

Autumn


The first official day of Autumn 2014 is just around the corner, so why not a card celebrating autumn. My card layout is based on the Mojo Monday challenge sketch. My colors were all chosen to represent autumn. My background is a more current take on a technique I learned at my first stamp show, years ago. Then it was Versamark and chalk. For this card I pulled out my Pan Pastels. The colors are so much richer than any chalk I have in my stash and they work in a similar way. I stamped the background  on watercolor paper (for the tooth) with Versamark ink. Then I added the Pan Pastels. The technique is easy to do, and quite effective. All of the sunflower stamps are from the latest Heartfelt Creations release. I do love sunflowers! All of the die cuts were cut with Spellbinder dies.) All of the coloring was done with my Pan Pastels. The sentiment is a Club Scrap stamp.The diagonal design paper is from my stash.
I am also entering my card in these challenges: Bloggers Challenge -- fall colors; Simon Says Monday Challenge -- techniques; City Crafter -- diagonals; Dies R Us -- fall festival; Inspiration Journal -- fall is in the air; E-Play -- fall; Art With Heart -- fall back.

10 comments:

Darlene said...

What a beautiful creation Barbara and I LOVE that sentiment! Perfect! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘FALL FESTIVAL’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Anonymous said...

Hi Barbara!! What a wonderful card, I love it!! Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us this week at CCCB :-)

Bobbi Smith said...

Beautiful card Barbara! Gorgeous colors and I love the dimension of the sunflowers! Thank you for sharing and joining us in our "Fall is in the Air" Challenge over at Inspiration Emporium!

Diane said...

Pretty, pretty fall card!! Thank you for joining us at "Dies R Us" for our "Fall Festival" challenge!!
Diane DRU DT

Sandra said...

Beautiful card! Love the pretty flowers! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Ros Crawford said...

What a fabulous card!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Stella said...

This is beautful; I love that sentiment/quote too. Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

Julia Aston said...

Such a pretty fall card! love that sentiment - and your beautiful stamped layers! Thanks for joining us in the ePlay Autumn challenge!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous card, your flowers are gorgeous and I love the autumnal colours . The sentiment is wonderful . Thanks so much for joining in the Eileen Hull Art with Heart Challenge. Tracy x

Robin said...

Very pretty fall card! Love your flowers! Thanks for participating in Dies R Us "Fall Festival" challenge!