Sunday, September 21, 2014

Paper Roses

I was in the mood today to make a tag. I die cut a tag from kraft cardstock. Then for a change of pace, I pulled out my gelatos. I scribbled on the tag and then smoothed the color out by rubbing with a damp cloth. I then used a stencil and some Dylusions ink sprays. I die cut the lattice framework (Tim Holtz-Sizzix) twice--once from grunge paper and once from a sheet of cardstock that I had stamped with the Rogue Redhead music background. I colored the lattice with a silver gelato and used the diamond shapes with the stamped music for the inserts. The sentiment is a quote from the Word Art Wednesday challenge which I framed with a Sizzix frame colored with a gold gelato. The roses were made using the Cheery Lynn miniature rose die and a piece of cardstock from a Tim Holtz paper stash.
I am entering my tag in these challenges: Cheery Lynn Designs -- die cut flowers; Ink on my Fingers Sunday Challenge -- paper roses; 3 Muses -- roses; Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge -- Tag It; Word Art Wednesday -- anything goes.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

The music behind the lattice and the small flowers are so lovely on your background. Thank you so much for joining our 150th challenge at Word Art Wednesday. I thank God for your participation and I pray you will have a day filled with joy.

Carole Robb Bisson

shulsart said...

What a lovely tag, Barbara, so very artsy! Love that background. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Irina Gerschuk said...

Amazing project!! Love the colors and the composition)))
Thank you for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs!

indybev said...

I love your tag, Barbara. Makes me think of the song "Paper Roses" for some reason.

Karen said...

I love the beautiful flowers you made and awesome background on the tag! Thanks for playing in the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge and good luck!

Teresa Kline said...

hi Barbara!
super sweet tag, luv the embellishments! So glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Hels Sheridan said...

Oooh gorgeousness, I love those colours, remind me of Autumn... fab tag hun... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

Debbie's Time Out said...

Barbara This tag is awesome. Love the blend of colors in the background and the way your lattice is cut with just a few beautiful flowers in the center of some openings. Glad you joined us in the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge. Good Luck to you.

Jo Ann said...

Wonderful tag...Love the many elements you incorporated in your design. We are truly blessed that you joined our Challenge last week and hope you'll join us again here at Word Art Wednesday...I want to leave you with God's Word in Psalm 40:4, "Blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods." Hugs and blessings always!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com