Friday, July 19, 2013
12 Tags of 2013 -- July
12 Tags of 2013 challenge from Tim Holtz. It took me several days to complete this tag. Don't get me wrong, it was really rather easy to make. However, my first attempt at the flag was not to my liking. The difficulty started when I pulled out my rock candy distress crackle paint. First, the cover was stuck hard to the jar. By stuck I mean hammer and then throw on the cement floor stuck. However, perseverance paid off. I got the lid off--only to find the contents to be the consistency of rubber. At that point, since the crackle paint was totally unusable, I decided to try the old Ranger crackle medium. But, I also decided to put water in the jar and soak my rubberized crackle paint. I couldn't lose anything by trying. After the crackle medium dried, I wasn't really too pleased since it only crackled slightly along some of the edges. I tried to color it with the stains, but that didn't work very well, so I tried the distress paints. That covered the medium, but actually came out flat. Then I added a little distress glitter. The results were better, but definitely different from what the crackle paint would give. After completing the flag, I remembered the water and distress crackle paint. I had soaked the contents overnight. I picked up the jar and shook it a bit. When I looked in the jar, it actually looked like crackle paint. I had nothing to lose but a part of a piece of grungeboard, so I cut another flag. I am ecstatic to report that my crackle paint was revived and worked perfectly and I love the results.