Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Christmas Tag

The SweetStamps challenge this week is to create a Christmas tag. I started with my tag and dry embossed it for texture. I die cut my Christmas tree using my new Cheery Lynn die. I really wanted a silhouette image in front of the tree, so I took my Sweet Stamps Children Skipping stamp and stamped it on black cardstock using white ink. I then fussy cut the image. As I had hoped, the reverse of the cut image (no white lines) made a perfect silhouette image. I used grungeboard numbers which I colored barn door red using distress stain for the 25. A little barn door red around the edges of the tag and a red ribbon completed the look.
I am also entering my tag into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge --anything goes.

9 comments:

Melissa Bove said...

Adorable tag! Love that silhouette image!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love your tag- what a cool idea to make a silhouette from that stamp- how creative!!! Thanks for sharing with us at SweetStamps.com it is always great to see what you create for the challenges!!!

Roxie said...

Fabulous job of fussy cutting and a very nice tag. Thanks for playing along in the SweetStamps.com challenge!

~ Kendra ~ said...

WOW!! Great tag, amazing fussy cutting!! Must have taken awhile!! SweetStamps.com and good luck in the challenge!

Unknown said...

Awesome tag, love what you did with the Skipping Children. Thank you for joining us in this weeks blog challenge at SweetStamps.com.

Denise said...

What a fantastic TAG! Thank you for sharing this lovely tag of your with us at SweetStamps.com
Hugs
Denise
xox
http://dixicreations.blogspot.co.uk/

Annette said...

Beautiful tag! Love your idea with the silhouette!
Thanks for joining us at SweetStamps challenge this week!
Hugs Annette

Stacey Adams, SweetStamps.com said...

Fantastic tag! Love the silhouette you created from the stamped image! Beautiful tree die too!
Thanks for sharing with us at SweetStamps.com and good luck in the challenge!

Irit Shalom said...

Just love your tag! Great job and thanks for playing with Sweet Stamps!