Blogger's Challenge is alter it. I had planned to cut apart a Coke Zero can and go from there. But then I saw an old pair of my grandson's jeans which he didn't fit in anymore and with non-existent knees. I also found this old wooden frame from Michaels. Combine that with the fact that I just received the last part of my distress paints order and this is where I ended up. Of course, my adorable granddaughter's photo brought the whole project together.
I started with the wooden frame and painted it with bundled sage distress paint. When the paint dried, I sponged on some chipped sapphire distress paint. The flowers are based on Tim Holtz's recent tattered florals tutorial. The various layers are made from grungepaper covered with tissue paper and smooshed in distress paints, from linen, from burlap, and of course, from the blue jean denim. The flower centers are custom fasteners from Tim's Idea-ology line. (These are so cool.)
Since I really love how the flowers turned out and I'm so happy with the finished frame, I'm also entering this project into the Tattered Floral challenge on Tim Holtz's blog.
Happy Friday everyone.