Thursday, August 29, 2013

All Packed and Ready to Go



Have packed suitcase, will travel. The top image shows the suitcase closed, with lots of travel stickers on it. When you open the suitcase, the clothes are all packed and ready to go. There's a bit of a story to my card. I started with kraft cardstock and cut out the suitcase using the Tim Holtz die. I made a second cut to cut out the trim. The travel stickers are pieces of scraps which I stamped using Stampsmith stamps. Of course the suitcase had to have lining inside. Once the suitcase was assembled, I started packing. For the clothing, I used the Stampsmith vintage paper doll set. I stamped the clothing pieces and parts of the two dolls on designer paper. I cut out the clothing pieces from the stamped images and highlighted parts with distress marker.
My card is being entered into several challenges. At Stampsmith the challenge is world traveller. Mark's Finest Paper Simple Salutations challenge is girl things. Frilly & Funkie has the challenge theme, my steamer trunk. Inspiration Journal's challenge is summer vacation. (While I actually spent my summer babysitting for grandchildren, a trip to Paris, or anywhere, would have been a wonderful adventure.)

7 comments:

stamping sue said...

what a fun project! and what girl would love to travel. thanks for playing MFPaHC simple salutations.
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Such an original and adorable use of that particular stamp set.
Many Thanks for supporting TSC for the month of August and good luck with the Prize Draw!
Wishes
Lynne

wannabcre8tive said...

A cute card, I love the suitcase.

Vickie Y said...

Love your packed suitcase project! And, a trip to Paris would be fun! Thank you for playing along with MFP Simple Salutations Challenge #60.

Valerie H. Marshall said...

Super fun idea for a travel theme, Barbara! Thanks so much for joining The Stampsmith Challenge again this month! We're pretty sure everyone was actually off travelling in August so we didn't have enough players for the draw. We will be adding your entry to next month's draw with a bonus entry for being the only player this month!
Kind regards,
Val :)

Jenny Marples said...

So inventive Barbara! And of course every girl has to have a choice of outfits for any journey - you've done your traveller proud. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Hugs, Jenny x

Inkypinkycraft said...

great idea and love how you have packed your suitcase! looks great . Thanks for playing along at Frilly and Funkie . hugs trace x