Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Carnival Clown

For this card I got to use a stamp I borrowed from my sister, a long time ago. I just love this clown, an old stamp from Stampers Anonymous. I guess I should give him back sometime, but in the meantime I'm taking good care of him. I stamped the clown in archival crimson and  highlighted the image with wild honey distress ink. The background panel was double dry embossed -- first with dots (wild honey) and then with the post card folder (faded jeans), both Tim Holtz folders. The pennant was cut using the Tim Holtz on the edge pennant die, inked with wild honey, and then highlighted with Rangers Rock Candy dry glitter.
I am entering this card into several challenges. Simon Says Stamp Monday has the theme of carnival. I thought that the clown and the glittery pennant went well with that challenge. Take a Word wants to see warm colours. Artistic Stamper has a challenge of post card, travel, holidays. And, Creative Belli is challenging us to use glitter.

3 comments:

Brenda Ladd said...

Your card is so cool, I love it :) Brenda

Candy C said...

Barbara...I can see why you love this stamp so much! What a wonderful vintage image of a clown! I love your card that you've created. Very cool use of Tim's embossing folder behind him! Thanks for sharing your card with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. <3 Candy

Suzanne C said...

Barb the image is perfect for our carnival at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Fabulous blues and browns and the banner adds to the circus feel! Beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.