Friday, August 2, 2013

Simple Things

This week the challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs is fluttering or flying. The challenge at Fashionable Stamping is script, books, pages, print.
To make my card I started with  a page from an old German dictionary. I used the peeled paint (with vaseline) technique for the background. I had a few questions on how to do this technique, so I'll give a quick explanation. I adhered the dictionary page to a piece of plain cardstock using gel medium. I added a layer of gel medium over the top to seal the paper. After the gel medium dried, I added swipes of vaseline with my finger. Immediately I painted over the whole sheet with acrylic paint to which I had added a spray of water. After the paint dried I used a paper towel to wipe off the paint from the vaseline areas and to wipe off the remaining vaseline. The result is a grungy, distressed background.
The image and sentiment stamps are from Our Daily Bread Designs. The image label matched and was die cut using a Spellbinders die. The humming bird with flourish was cut using a Cheery Lynn die.

5 comments:

trisha too said...

Lovely card, Barbara.

:)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Gorgeous Barbara!! Love your background made with the peeled paint technique and the added bird die silhouette. Stunning!! Thanks for joining us at ODBD!!

Lucy E. said...

Your card is lovely! I see you are in Chicago. I am in the southwest suburbs :)

Vickie ODell said...

I saw your card on ODBD and was intrigued by your background. Thanks for the great explanation and inspiration! God bless you!

Ellie Knol said...

Gorgeous!

Thanks for joining us at FSC!

xxx Ellie xxx