To make this box, I started with two Ranger metallic atc blanks and two small matchboxes. I then dry embossed the atc blanks using the riveted sheet embossing folder (Sizzix). A little black soot alcohol ink was added around the edges for distress and contrast. The corset is die cut using a Cheery Lynn die. Pearls were added as fasteners for the corset. The handsome guy is Mercius from the SB Collection. The stamp image is from Graphic 45. The matchboxes were painted with antique bronze distress paint -- both the outsides and inserts, inside and out. I attached a brad to the front of each insert to serve as drawer pulls. The two painted match boxes are glued together along one side. I added tissue tape along the outer sides of the boxes to give a nice finish. The two atc cards are glued to the top and bottom of the match boxes. The completed box with its two drawers makes a great little notions box and is easy and fun to make.
I am entering my box into several challenges. Ink on my Fingers Sunday challenge had the theme, Titanium, and we were to use metal. Three Muses wants a steampunk theme. MFP Friends of Speedy is challenging us to use metal as is Simply Steampunk. SanDee and Amelie's Steampunk August challenge is matchbox steampunk.