Saturday, July 10, 2010

Play Date Cafe Challenge 37

The theme this week in Play Date Cafe was 'Provencal-Style'. Our art is to be based on the colors shown in the challenge picture. I tried to combine the theme and colors in my image. I thought this French market scene (OnyxXpressions/Sunday International) depicted the feel of Provence and I tried to use the colors. My tans and beiges are a little darker than the theme image, but are in the same family. Like the pottery, color is added as highlights. I used Creative Inspirations paint to highlight elements in my image. Around the stamped image I used the Technique Junkies torn frame technique. The blue background paper is from the Tim Holtz paper stack Vintage Shabby. Hopefully, the viewer can feel the Provencal-Style from my work.

4 comments:

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Great take on the challenge Barb! I can feel it!

Suzanne C said...

Great image for the challenge and lovely use of the colors. Lovely card. Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC!

Unknown said...

Lovely creation, Barbara! Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe this week!!

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful image of the French Market for this weeks challenge, thanks for joining us at the PDCC.