Saturday, February 2, 2013

CHAPTER 24: Romance in Wonderland

...next [came] the ten courtiers; these were ornamented all over with diamonds, and walked two and two, as the soldiers did. After these came the royal children; there were ten of them, and the little dears came jumping merrily along hand in hand, in couples: they were all ornamented with hearts. Next came the guests, mostly Kings and Queens...

The theme of this quote is couples, and that's what we are celebrating  in February with Valentine's Day. For the month of February, we are celebrating Romance in Wonderland at the Altered AliceAs always, you may enter any project that fits the challenge theme, but those that feature Wonderland will have two chances at the prize instead of one. Multiple entries are encouraged but each must be on a separate post; enter by Feb. 23.

We are using the fabulous Steampunk Romance images by Simply Betty Stamps . The people pictured in this stamp line resemble grown-up characters in Wonderland, don't you think? You should also check out the whimsical Alice in Wonderland collection. Here is what the oh, so talented Betty has to say:
Simply Betty Stamps started in 2010, when I was forced to close my little scrapbook store due to my last baby coming early.  I was home, with a preemie  couldn't do much but draw, craft, and had just discovered blogging!  I started to nose around about digis, how could I do this, how could I do that?  Slowly but surely Simply Betty Stamps was born!  I have a quirky sense of humor and I believe it shows in my images.  I have immortalized my kids in my images as it is what I love creating with, their everyday shenanigans and goofy ways.  I love sharing my creativity, I can't tell you how awesome it is to see others creating with SBS images!  I look forward to continuing to bring in the quirkiness to crafters across the globe and look forward to many years of fun images.

So get busy and show us your interpretation of  Romance in Wonderland!

Here's my interpretation for this challenge.

Card Front
Look Who Pops Up when the card is open.


3 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Gorgeous Barbara! So loving the way you incorporated all of the characters and I adore the pop-up xxD

Lynne Phelps said...

Barbara, this pop-up card is so COOL! What a fabulous way to showcase the characters, it is just perfect. What a wonderful surprise that would be for whoever opens the card! Thanks for making this for The Altered Alice!

Lynne - Her Craftiness said...

this is absolutely phenomenal!!!! I love love love love this card!!!
Lynne