Sunday, February 3, 2013

Love is in the Air

I can't believe it...this is my 1000th post! What better topic to celebrate this milestone than LOVE! I'm actually going to make this a double post. I have 2 cards to share on the theme, but I'll be linking each to different challenges.
My first card is done all in pink except for the sentiment. Cheery Lynn Designs challenge is tickled pink. I used both the tropical flourish and the daisy strip dies on my card. The card just designed itself when I realized by accident that two tropical flourishes  put together made a beautiful heart especially when flowers were added to the tip. The background paper is very glittery. I've had it in my stash for quite a while waiting for the perfect time to use it. Well, here it is. I am also entering this card into the Great Impressions challenge which is have a heart.

For this card I used an image from Stampendous and stamped it on my card front panel. I then stamped it on a piece of flowery design paper and paper pieced the clothing.  The side border is the mesh strip from Cheery Lynn cut down to fit. The red hearts are stickers that just showed up on my work table. I guess my muse was working overtime today. The letters are die cut..  I'm entering this card into the Stampendous Impressions challenge which is love is in the air; into the Artistic Stamper challenge which is hearts and flowers; into the Fashionable Stamping challenge which is show some love; and into Mark's Finest Papers Speedy Fox & Friends challenge which is paper piecing.

11 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love your all pink card- not only my fav color, but love the two flourishes as one heart! Also really like the dress form image- awesome!

Artyjen said...

Thanks for joining us at The Artistic Stamper with your lovely creation ;)
xoxo Sioux

Pat said...

2 great cards. Lovely design. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

Erin said...

Two fantastic cards! I love the pink and white die cuts on the first one! Such a fun color combo! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions Stamps!

Tamara Morton said...

Hi there, what a stunning card wit
Th so many interesting elements
Thank you for joining us at Cheery Lynn
Hugs
Tamara xx

Esther said...

Your cards are both great- pretty paper piecing on the second..Thanks so much for sharing with us at FSC..Esther xx

Winnie and Patty said...

Beautiful paper pieced corset! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy Fox & Friends blog challenge!

StampendousGraphics said...

Thanks for joining our challenge this month, Barbara! What a creative card using so many different, fun products! It will be a great inspiration of love for anyone playing!

Lena95469 said...

love the paper pieced corset! So cute! Thanks for joining speedy fox and friends!

Yvonne Garner said...

Hi Barbara! Congratulations on 1000 posts! What a milestone. Both you cards are so well done. Thank you for joining us at FSC!

Melinda Gleissner said...

I love your paper pieced corset with the colored roses...so pretty.