Saturday, February 2, 2013

Each Flower

Anyone who knows me, knows that I love creating backgrounds for my art. The new Behind the Scenes   background stamps (on sale thru March 31st) from Rogue Redhead Designs gave me a delightful afternoon today. This is one of the cards I made. First I took a panel of kraft paper. I swiped it through several colors of distress stain that I had put on my craft sheet and spritzed with water. I then dried the cardstock and stamped parts of the background stamps by rolling small sections on the cardstock. I love the grungy look against the gorgeous colors of the stains. The flower image is a Penny Black sticker that I have had for several years. The sentiment is from Rogue Redhead Designs' Floriculture stamp sheet. Once the image panel was compete, I adhered it to a kraft base card. Even the sentiment is stamped on kraft paper. (nothing but kraft)
I am entering this card into the following challenges: the Kraft Journal nothing but kraft challenge, the Simon Says Stamp anything goes challenge, and the Mark's Finest Papers Simple Salutations anything goes challenge with sentiment.

3 comments:

Sarah J Moerman said...

Gorgeous! Love the background! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Wonderful card & background with a cool Tim Holtz grunge look to it. Thanks for entering MFP Simple Salutations Anything Goes challenge.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
MFP SS Hostess

Anonymous said...

Lovely card! I love the sequin waste in the background!