Sunday, February 17, 2013

floral Tag

I had a little fun time this afternoon, so I thought I'd change up a little and work on a tag instead of a card. I started with a piece of kraft cardstock which I cut into a tag. Next I pulled out my Dylusions sprays and added color to the tag. I just received some new colors, so it was fun to try them out. I had to do a Tim Holtz on my Cuttlebug folder--I cut the top so that the tag would slip through. That way I could emboss the whole tag. I stamped a SweetStamp floral image on white cardstock and colored the image using distress markers. I used a Cheery Lynn die (Manon's Wedding Garland) as a frame for the flowers. I used their leaf edger die for the bottom edge. The letters are cut using a Tim Holtz die.
I am entering this tag into several challenges. Cheery Lynn Designs has the challenge frame it. Simon Says Stamp and Show wants us to get messy (using the sprays definitely qualifies.) SweetStamps wants to see romance. The Mark's Finest Papers Friends of Speedy challenge is to create a non-traditional Valentine. The Inspiration Journal challenge is to spread some L.O.V.E.

6 comments:

Joann said...

Hi Barbara,

What a lovely tag. I especially like how you placed the L O V E letters between the leaves on the Leaf Edger die. Thank you very much for joining us again this week at Cheery Lynn Designs.

Hugs*
Joann

Unknown said...

Great tag - love your background colors and texture. Thanks for joining us at the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge and good luck!
hugs,
Gini

Diane Ladd said...

The colors are so pretty. Glad you had some fun time

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Beautiful tag Barbara, love the texture in the background and fabulous colours to showcase your image too. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Hope you are well. Tracy x x

Janine said...

Pretty tag. Thanks for joining our non traditional Valentine challenge at FOSTV - this week's challenge is up and running so please check it out!

Kelly Booth said...

Just LOVELY!! thanks for Playing with us at IE....