Saturday, January 4, 2014

12 Tags of 2013 - November

I'm still catching up with Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2013. This is the November tag. This tag uses the chalkboard stamping technique. It's an easy technique with the right supplies. I didn't have the stamp/framelit die set for the tag, but I had the matching stamp, so I had to do a little fussy cutting. Fortunately, the leaf wasn't very complicated. Amazingly, I had the antiquities embossing powder, frosted crystal. This is an example of why we stampers collect so many supplies. Several years ago, some group had raved about the Antiquities embossing powders. Of course I had to buy a few jars. One of the jars was the frosted crystal. There it was with my other embossing powders still sealed. As a result of my hoarding, I was able to complete the tag with no trouble. I did have to borrow the piece of chalk from my grandchildren...I doubt that they will miss it.

No comments: