Friday, January 10, 2014

This Day

Wow, it's been ages since I played with the Bloggers Challenge. My long hospital stayed sure played havoc with my art creation. However, this week the challenge is quotes and here is my card. One thing about the time I spent in the hospital -- I had lots of time to think. My New Year resolution is to appreciate life a lot more and to be more aware of my health. This quote by Goethe says it all.
I based my layout on the Mojo Monday sketch challenge 327. I started with a background of designer paper. The quote is done in the chalkboard technique from Tim Holtz. The flowers and leaves are Cheery Lynn die cuts. I added a ribbon of lace.
I am also entering my card in these additional challenges: Word Art Wednesday which is anything goes; Friends of Speedy (MFP) which is New Year's resolution; Simple Salutations (MFP) which is a sentiment plus black/white; and Frilly & Funkie which is New Year's resolutions.

10 comments:

Janine said...

Thanks for sharing your pretty card and your resolution with us. Hope today is a great day.

wannabcre8tive said...

Barbara, I love this beautiful card. The lace, the flowers and the color combo are all fabulous choices.

Gail said...

Hi Barbara - thank you for linking up to MFP challenge at FOSTV this week - I am not sure if you know our rules over at Marks Finest Papers but only one card creation can be uploaded to one challenge and not multiple challenges we offer. Please be sure you make a different card for any other challenge at MFP you would like to enter. Have a lovely day. Gail DT FOSTV

Unknown said...

Beautiful. It is delightful to see you wonderful art posted in this week’s creative challenge at Word Art Wednesday.
Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson

Jenny Marples said...

Such a great resolution Barbara. We never know what may be around the corner and you are so wise to live and cherish each day as it comes. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie with your beautiful creation. Jenny x

Nancy Dynes said...

Wow! I love your card, Barb!!! The chalk board technique is amazing and the flowers you created are the perfect finishing touch. I have also experienced health issues over the past year, so your resolution is especially meaningful to me. Thank you so much for being a part of the Frilly and Funkie Challenge!! I wish you a healthy and prosperous New Year!
Hugs,
Nancy

Christine said...

Such a fun card. I love the chalkboard technique and what a wonderful quote. Thank you for joining MFP's Simple Salutations.

So sorry to hear that you were in the hospital. I do love your resolution. Best wishes to you!

Steph Ackerman said...

Great quote. Thanks for joining us at MFP Simple Salutations.

Jo Ann said...

Love your elegant black and white card. Love the flowers and the lace too. So delightfully blessed that you joined us at Word Art Wednesday. A new challenge starts tomorrow so, I hope you visit us again. Living you with the message of the Lord in Psalm 107:9, "For He satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things." Hugs!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful B&W card - love the added flower embellies!