Friday, January 24, 2014

Only One

This week the challenge at Bloggers Challenge is backgrounds. I love a backgrounds challenge; however, it's always difficult to decide which way to go.  My background today is the result of my trying to catch up with the lessons in Creative Chemistry 102. In one of the lessons Tim showed how to use a stencil to dry emboss. In this card I used my chevron stencil to emboss a piece of Core'dinations cardstock. Once I embossed it, I sanded the embossing. I have a background with lots of texture. The stamp I used is from SweetStamps. I stamped it several times. First I stamped it on white cardstock and heat embossed the frame with silver. I stamped it on kraft and then again on designer paper so I could paper piece her clothes. The flowers are flower soft with Viva Decor painted leaves. The sentiment comes from a Heartfelt Creations paper pad.

I am also entering this card in these challenges: Ink on My Fingers Sunday Challenge -- use violet; Take a Word -- Hats & Things; Sweet Stamps -- anything goes.

7 comments:

Connie Fossenier said...

Barbara...love the girl and color combo with a touch of brown...wow.
connie paxman

Donna K said...

Lovely job of paper piecing your image..I love that particular stamp, she's so elegant. Beautiful papers and design here, Barbara…so happy to see it on the SweetStamps.com blog for our Anything Goes challenge. Have a wonderful weekend! ~Donna K

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous card - love the image and the sentiment is lovely! xx

Sandy Fredrick said...

Beautiful design, I love the embossed background you made from the stencil and how you added the paper piecing to the Cameo Lady forger dress.

Roxie said...

Your cameo lady looks wonderful in this layout. Thanks for playing along in the SweetStamps.com challenge!

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty Barbara - love the stencil embossed background!

Hels Sheridan said...

Such a pretty card hun... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x