Saturday, January 11, 2014

Perfection

Flowers are what the doctor ordered for this dreary day. I think that this oval frame die from Tim Holtz is quickly becoming one of my favorites. And to think, I thought I didn't need it.

To make my card I started with a kraft base card and the frame cut out of kraft paper. The inside of the frame is cut from a Tim Holtz metal foil tape sheet to represent a mirror. The flowers and vase is a SweetStamps stamp which I colored using distress markers. The sentiment is from Dyan Reaveley. The design paper and lace border is from my stash.

I am entering my card in the Kraft Journal challenge which is lace it up and in the SweetStamps challenge which is kraft paper.

8 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

You are lovely just the way you are, Barbara - and so is your lovely art. We always LOVE having you play along with us, too. Thanks for sharing and have a blessed week.
Karen
The Kraft Journal

Sandy Fredrick said...

Beautiful design, I love the colors you chose for the flowers and vase and the silver tape to create the mirror. Thank you for joining us in this weeks blog challenge at SweetStamps.com

Roxie said...

I like the use of the die with the vase of flowers, very nice combo.
Thanks for playing with us in the SweetStamps challenge this week.

Shelly Schmidt said...

SO glad you are back home and up to creating! I have been keeping you in prayers : ) Love the design- the die is fab and I love the mirrored BG. And, the flowers are so pretty! Always love to see what you create for the Sweet STamps challenges!

Denise said...

I am happy you back home again and are better! Wow what a fantastic card you made! This is so beautiful and all the detail! Thank you for sharing with us at SweetStamps.com. Good luck in the draw......
Sweet Crafty Hugs
Denise
http://dixicreations.blogspot.co.uk/

Annette said...

Such a gorgeous card! Lovely colours on the flowers and vase. And the diecut is a perfect match!
Thank you for joining at the SweetStamps challenge this week with your card!
Hugs Annette

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Beautiful coloring on those flowers! love the frame behind it too! thank you for linking up at SweetStamps.com!
Lisa

~ Kendra ~ said...

Beautiful card, I really like the colors you used!! Thank you for joining at the SweetStamps challenge this week!