Friday, January 24, 2014

Love Letter

Today I had some extra time to spend in my studio, so there will be several posts. I decided to try a new TJ technique, washi shapes which just happens to be this week's Try This Technique challenge. Since I just bought some roles of washi tape a short while ago (which I  have never used) today seemed like the perfect time to try them out. To make my card I started with a red base card. I die cut the background panel using a stamp frame and then I die cut the sentiment "love". I also used an embossing folder to add the Valentine word background. The Cupid, heart and flower were all die cut using washi tape covered cardstock.

These are the blog challenges I am entering: Technique Junkies Try This Technique -- washi shapes; Mark's Finest Papers Color Thursday challenge -- bright colors; Flourishes Timeless Tuesday -- in with the new; Fashionable Stamping -- hearts and flowers

5 comments:

Michele said...

Barbara, this is fun and beautiful! xo

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Barbara. This is such a fun card! Love the layers and the cupid and heart look awesome.
Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges this fortnight.
Dot x

Gemiel said...

What a fabulous card!!! Your washi die cuts are so fun, I'll have to try cutting some. Thanks so much for joining the MFPSpeedyTV Color Challenge this week. Blessings!

Margik said...

I love this card.It's very original.

2amscrapper said...

fabulous design. I must try this washi tape technique.