Thursday, August 5, 2010

Compendium of Curiosities Challenge 8 -- Inked Grunge

This weeks Compendium of Curiosities challenge is from Tim's book on p. 39 Tinting Grunge. Yes, grunge cuts beautifully using Tim's Alterations Dies and the Wizard. This grunge was cut from Baroque with the large keyhole. The distress inks used were pumice stone and rusty hinge. All of the stamps are from Tim's stamps and the background was embossed with one of Tim's texture fades on Core'dinations paper and then sanded. The key is from my stash. It's made of plexiglas and I used alcohol inks to colorize it. The word is from Cornish Heritage Farms stamps. This was another fun technique from Tim's Compendium of Curiosities book.

10 comments:

CuddlyBunny said...

BEAUTIFUL! Completely awesome plexi-key, too!

Boise Co-op Cooks said...

Barbara, it's lovely! Gorgeous colors on the grunge, and fabulous stamping! I love the "grungy" plexiglass key with the alcohol ink!

Beautifully done, as always!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Barbara, I was unaware that I was signed in at my work blog when I commented on your post. Boise Co-op Cooks is me, Linda! :-)

Terry said...

Barbara, this is so cool! Love the background and your grunge keyhole! Wonderful art!

Chris Arlington said...

Fabulous job! Love the texture, wish I could touch it.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

You keep knocking my socks off GF! Wowza, I am luvin' this!

Lori said...

Very nice! I love the colors you used.

Toni said...

Hi Barbara... at first I thought you rusted the grunge !!!! don't you just love the new colors of distressed ink. And I will say that rusty hinge is one of my fav's... great job :)

donna said...

Terrific. I love the background and the cool key.

Kassi said...

I love it! great job