Sunday, May 22, 2011

Bundle of Joy

This week the challenge at Critter Sketch is "It's Hip to be Square" and the challenge at Tuesday Throwdown is  baby/child. One of the reasons I participate in so many swaps is that I discover stamps that I forgot I had. For this swap I was looking for a baby or child image that grabbed me. Now don't get me wrong, I have lots of baby or child stamps that I love, but when I found this stamp from I Brake for Stamps, I knew it was the one for me today. And it happened to be square, so it worked for a second challenge. I started by stamping the image. I used the Pulled Glimmers technique (Technique Junkies) for the background. I restamped the baby part of the stamp, colored it with markers, cut it out and adhered it over the first stamping.  Then the next amazing thing happened. The image fit perfectly over the new Spellbinders die I just bought. I adhered image and frame to a white square card base. I could have used a rectangular card base and worked the sentiment below the image, but I decided to stick with the square theme. The letters were made using my Quikkutz alphabet. (Hmmm, it's been awhile). Todays' work was a kind of blast from the past combined with a brand new die. Fun!

No comments: