Saturday, May 21, 2011

Color Blocked Steampunk GM7

This week the Grungy Monday challenge is Tim Holtz Distress Ink Color Blocking. I really like this technique and I feel you may see it again from me soon. I created the background using the technique. All of the stamps except the sentiment (Artistic Outpost) are from the Tim Holtz collection, Steampunk. I stamped the gentlemen and then masked them. I then used the catalog and the diagram stamps. The two gear are from the Idea-ology movers and shakers line. They were painted with silver antique Creative Inspirations paint. The pointing hand is also from the set of Steampunk stamps. What is it about the Steampunk look that makes it so much fun to use.

13 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful masculine card, great use of the Colorblocking!

Jane said...

That is a great card! I just got that set and now can't wait to get ink on it...

Daniele said...

this technique works briliantly with the theme Steampunk....great colour combo

Sarah said...

great bold colour choices that work really well with the masculine images. Thanks for sharing.
Sarah at 46.

Max said...

Terrific Tag, the colors go so well with the steampunk theme.

JulieD said...

This really works - I couldn't get the look I wanted with this technique but yours is fab and I love your stamping - must treat myself to that set...

Karen said...

Great card: I love the colour blocking.

Wendy said...

Wonderful colour blocked card. I with on the steampunk view. I never tire of seeing it and playing with it.

The Craft Cupboard Under the Stairs said...

I really like the way the colors work with the stamps

Terry said...

Brilliant use of this week's challenge! Love this card!

Lynne Phelps said...

LOVE the color blocking, very effective and great color choices. Great masculine card too, that's even trickier!

Marjie Kemper said...

Love your color choices and the masked men!

Anonymous said...

Awesome steampunk!